Friday, August 5, 2011

" A BUTTERFLY DAY "

Today, I'm having a " Butterfly " day.

 

 It's a daydreaming day, when you sit and create pretty things.  Funnily enough, I had stumbled upon some  early 1900  's images  that sparked  a feeling, similiar to one that any person  might have experienced, in days gone by.

The sun was shining, birds were singing and the leaves were swaying gently in the breeze... As I gazed out of the window, a myriad of butterflies floated and danced above the daylilies, landing only once or twice to kiss the flowers.

I imagined they were whispering to one another  or  perhaps playing a  game... How pretty they were suspended within my imagination.

So, I set out to recreate some trading cards, much like they did in Victorian times....and decided to use the vintage images, to create butterfly wishes and and butterfly dreams, in the 3.5 X 2.5 ATC format. Really,  it's just an artists card, that you can trade or give to someone as a gift.

Oh, what fun I had, sprinkling the fairy dust and glitter on their wings. You'd almost think that they could take flight on such a lovely day.( Flutter Flutter)

12 comments:

Sandra Foster said...

You are having fun - these are great. I love using butterflies in my work too! Sandra

Zaa said...

I imagine you're enjoying the flutterings of butterflies wings in your garden too Sandra.... I look forward to viewing some of your floral pictures, my friend.. Thanks for the visit. xoxox

Karen :) said...

Oh I love these! So beautiful!!! :)

Zaa said...

Thank You Karen and please do come again for a cup of tea...HUGS

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Karen: I love your butterflies. They are beautiful. You are so talented. I am your newest follower. I look forward to seeing all your beautiful work. Blessings, Martha

debi said...

Your ATC's are beautiful! Love the sweet butterflies!

Zaa said...

Thanks Martha ... So glad you came for a visit.. I love your blog...Would love to share teacup stories with you.. Hugs

Zaa said...

Hey Debi ... It's so nice to see you here... Hope you'll visit again soon... and stop over for a cup of tea ...HUGS

Terri said...

Beautiful work! I love the Victorian era greeting cards too!
I came over for Tea Cup Tuesday, which you signed up for, and am looking for your tea cup post. Did I miss it? Let me know so I can come back and see it.
Hugs,
Terri

Antiques And Teacups said...

These are lovely! I love your artist's eye. Thanks for visiting my blog for Teacup Tuesday so I got a chance to meet you!
Ruth

Zaa said...

Hey Terri... I posted it alittle later in the day... we're on different time zones... Sorry about that ...but I'm so happy to see you here. Please do come again, soon,,,HUGS

Zaa said...

Welcome, welcome Ruth... thanks for stopping by I frequent your blog often... drop in for tea again soon,...HUGS