Monday, April 15, 2019

“ DAFFY DOWN DILLY"




Today, I'm am pondering the illusions of Springtime and anticipating which items might be appropriate for  Easter decorating.



I looked in earnest into the dusty cupboards and knew it was time for a good spring cleaning. Alas it is raining, so Ladies, let us sit and enjoy a lovely cup of tea.  It is a good day for daydreaming.
We can all pretend that the daffodils and tulip are popping up.( Ha Ha)



Well, it didn't take very long for me to find a meaningful teacup .
Surprise, surprise, this litte Staffordshire cup and sauce  immediately struck my fancy.


INDEED... It reminded me of the childhood nursery rhyme, 
"Daffy-down-Dilly" dancing and scattering her posies amongst the grass and within the forest.


 Daffy-down-Dilly
Has come to town
With a yellow petticoat
And a pretty green gown.


Look what I found in the china cabinet!!!
  My favorite Royal Doulton figurine called " Eastertide" .
In the past, I had been quite a collector of china painter, Arthur "Leslie Harradine" who designed  and sculpted for the Royal Doulton company from the early 1900's to the mid 1950's.
I have always admired the bold details and brilliant colors of his creations.

" Eastertide" was a Birthday gift from my husband.


Kim likes to surprise me with different teas from his travels, and funnily enough, 
I had never experienced a Pickwick tea ...
Have You ?

The Pickwick Tea Company was created by Douwe Egberts in 1937. Being Dutch, he wanted an English name for marketing purposes.  ...  While the official Pickwick site is specifically designed for the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Hungary and Belgium, you can purchase this tasty tea on Amazon. It boasts an inexpensive selection of flavouful tea blends that you might enjoy.


Currently, we are tea tasting a refreshing mint  flavoured beverage. 
I do hope that you like it !!
It it has a quite an aromatic bouquet, which is perfect for uplifting the rainy day spirits.


Yesterday, I received a sweet picture of my  six year old grand-daughter Auriane, who was taking her first Highland Dancing exam. 
She was feeling very nervous, but also thankful, that it was over. 
( ha ha)


Her Scottish Grandma Grace, my mother,


would have been so very proud of her.


FINALLY ... the daffodils are out, about and  in the grocery stores ... Surely, this is a sign of Spring !!!
There were no single stemmed daffodils available, only the potted ones, which was just fine with me, so I quickly bought two.


I placed them beside the Angel that I had sculpted .... The jolly  little blossoms looked quite contend to be there.
Isn't it amazing what make a person happy  !!!
 I was so excited to find those  silly old daffodils, that I went overboard, daydreaming, reminiscing and reciting my favorite poetry.  
Hopefully you like poetry too!!!

" Daffodils "
Written By:
William Wordsworth


                                            I wandered  lonely as a cloud
                                 That floats on high o're vales and hills.
                             When all at once I saw a crowd,
                                 A host of golden daffodils;
                             Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
                                 Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

                             Continuous as the stars that shine
                                 And twinkle on the Milky Way.
                             They stretched in never ending line
                                 Along the margin of the bay:
                             Ten Thousand saw I at a glance.
                                 Tossing their heads in sprightly dance. 


                                            The waves beside them danced; but they
                                 Out-did the sparkling waves with glee:
                             A poet could not but be gay.
                                 In such a jocund  company.
                             I gazed- and gazed-but little thought
                                What wealth the show to me had brought.


                                             For oft, when on my couch I lie
                                  In vacant or in pensive mood,
                             They flash upon the inward eye
                                  Which is the bliss of solitude;
                             And then my heart with pleasure fills, 
                                  And dances with the daffodils.


                                                Wishing 
                                                you all a 
                               BLESSED EASTER







47 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful teacup and saucer. Perfect for Spring! I hope the daffodils show for you soon. We started seeing them in South Carolina in early February. So lovely. Your grand daughter is adorable. I love that she is learning traditional dance. Happy Easter!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Zaa, what a happy, happy post! I love your daffodils beside the lovely sculpture by your talented hand! Your teacup and saucer is perfect for the day full of mint tea. I must order some as it sounds delicious. What an adorable bonnie lass your granddaughter is! So happy her dance recital went well. You have the loveliest cabinet of china in all of blogdom.

DeniseinVA said...

The photo of your grand-daughter Auriane in her Highland costume is adorable and her Grandmother Grace was a beautiful lady. Your collectibles are lovely as are the pretty daffodils.

Zaa said...

Thank You Val... Hopefully, Spring is just around the corner...It's very late this year, so I've started seedlings indoor... Thanks for the sweet visit...Happy Easter...hugs

Zaa said...

Dear Martha Ellen... Our teatime chats are such fun... and I'm so pleased that you are enjoying the mint tea... It really does have a full bouquet of taste and is well worth trying... Have a Happy Easter Sweet friend...Hugs

Zaa said...

Thanks for the visit, Denise... I'm so pleased that you stopped over for a teatime chat... Wishing you a Happy Easter...Hugs

Debbie Harris said...

Such a pleasant posting as I slowly scrolled down enjoying the beauty of all your pretty treasures, just lovely.
Your grandma Grace was such a beautiful woman.

Easter Blessings ♡

Zaa said...

Thank you Dear Debby... I'm so glad that joined me for teatime...Happy Easter

Valerie-Jael said...

Your Easter decorations are beautiful, love the beautiful china and figurines, just wonderful. Great photo of your little granddaughter, too, so pretty. Your Mother was beautiful, too. Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter time, hugs, Valerie

Louca por porcelana said...

Blessed Easter to you too! It is always a pleasure visiting your amazing blog!Both your Grand and Mom are adorable!Hugs!

Zaa said...

Hey Valerie... Thanks for the teatime visit...happy Easter.

Zaa said...

Thanks for the sweet visit Marestella... Have a Happy Easter, my Friend...Hugs

Creations By Cindy said...

Your beautiful teacup and saucer brought me a huge smile today. Love it. So very pretty but not nearly as pretty as that sweet grandgirl. Oh my! Can't you just kiss her whole face off? WOW! Your mom was a beautiful woman. I am sure she would be so very proud of her great-granddaughter. Your pictures are always so delightful and your blog post brings refreshment to my soul dear lady. Hugs and blessings to you and Happy Resurrection Day.
Cindy

Zaa said...

Thank You Dear Cindy ... I appreciate your kind comments and sweet teatime visits. It's so nice to chatting with you and visiting your creative postings... They always brighten my day ...Wishing you a Blessed Easter... Hugs

Donna Ellis said...

It's fun decorating with our "stuff" found in the cupboards! Almost like having an Easter hunt before Easter! Thanks for sharing your fun photos and creative process! hugs, de

Zaa said...

Hey Donna...Now all I need are some of your beautiful cardmaking lessons for the Eastertide... Thanks for the visit...Have a Blessed Easter, My Friend...Hugs

Thelma said...

Your granddaughter is so cute and your Mom was a beautiful lady. A beautiful tea cup to welcome spring. Happy Easter!

Zaa said...

Welcome, Thelma..I'm still raving about your Maple pie and even shared the recipe with friends( haha)...So keep cookin' my Friend.. and please do come again for tea soon...Easter Blessings.

Granny Marigold said...

How lovely the Staffordshire tea cup and saucer are!!
And your granddaughter, could she look any sweeter?
I hope by now all your snow has melted and Daffodils are popping up everywhere!
Happy Easter to you too!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love this sweet post! Your granddaughter and your mother are so lovely! How fun it must be to watch the dancing! Happy Easter!

Margie said...

Your pretty teacup will definitely brighten up a rainy day.

We have a few Dutch shops around here so I've tried some of the Pickwick fruity herbal teas.

Maristela Guilherme said...

Linda xícara de chá.
Sua neta é muito linda.
Boa Páscoa.
bjs

Red Rose Alley said...

Your granddaughter is precious in her little Scottish outfit, Zaa. You have quite a collection of porcelain ladies, I love them! That one with all the colors on her dress is very Spring like. You know, I bought some Chamomile tea today at the store, and have been sipping it all day. Your daffodils are pretty and such a cheerful flower. And your tea cup is perfect for Spring. Wishing you a Happy Easter, Zaa.

~Sheri

Zaa said...

Dear Linda... Your itsy bitsy pieces remind me of myself... Your raised eyebrows, tell me that you are bursting from the seams with ideas ... Thanks for the teatime visit, sweet lady...Hugs

Zaa said...

Hey Margie ... I'm still looking in my cupboards for old tea ( Haha) You always give me new T-time info, my Friend...HUGS

Zaa said...

Maristella THANK YOU for your sweet visit... Big Hugs

Zaa said...

Hey Sheri ..
The figurine is called EASTERTIDE since you love the Doultons so much...She is a Springtime creation from the 1950s, that
is why I love the artists work. Chamomile tea is so calming and refreshing...ENJOY sweet Friend... Hugs

ss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a delightful post, Zaa - I can imagine sipping the delicious mint tea in one of your pretty teacups while I enjoy all the treasures in your cupboards and the sweet dilly-daffodils. The poetry is wonderful and your sculpture is divine. How precious is your little granddaughter, and a true blessing as she carries on the lovely Scottish legacies. Love seeing your dear Grandmother, too. My Great Grandmother on my Mother's side and my Great Grandfather on my Father's side came from Scotland, too. Sending hugs and Easter blessings to you xo Karen

Zaa said...

Thank You Karen ...
I'm still thinking about your lovely Spring flowers and those delicious looking Boston Cream puffs...They are a family favorite ... but I've never been brave enough to make my own. I'm so pleased that joined me for teatime...It's always so special to have a kindred spirit to chat with ..Wishing you a Happy Easter, Dear Lady ...Hugs

Jeanie said...

My daffs are mostly out and not a moment too soon! I love them!

As you may know I have a collection of Royal Doulton's too -- most of mine are more characters than the beautiful ladies but I love them and that company. Your Eastertide is exquisite. And of course I love all the china and blooms in this post, as well as the photos of your family. Biggest happy Easter wishes to you!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Zaa, that you so much for your sweet visit and comment. I hope you will make that tomato soup it is really good. Daffodils do make my heart beat faster this time of year. They are such a harbinger of spring and all things comfy and good. Your little grand daughter is so adorable in her outfit. I bet that is a great sight to see her dance and to know and learn about her heritage. Hope you have a wonderful Easter my friend..Judy

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I always find your blog post so interesting. I love seeing all your goodies and enjoy the poetry and pictures. It has started to rain again here but it has helped all the spring flowers and trees start to bloom. Alas, my Joe had to mow for the first time! What a lovely picture of your Granddaughter. I hope her exam went well. We are all in Easter mood here. Jennifer and her Mom spent the day here helping to get ready for Sunday and we colored our eggs. Now, tomorrow the cooking really begins! And yes, I think your Mom would be so proud of her Great Granddaughter - lovely picture. My Mom only lived long enough to enjoy my older Granddaughters. She would have loved having tea with Jennifer. We had green tea today. My best to your and yours and hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Zaa said...

Happy Easter Jeanie... I'd love to see your character Doultons. ... Hopefully, our spring flowers will be popping up soon ... Thankds for the sweet visit...Hugs

Zaa said...

Thank You Judy ... I did make the soup and it was delicious...Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter.

Zaa said...

Happy Easter Nancy ... I can well imagine how exciting your house is at Easter... I'd love to be there for all the creative crafting... WE always miss our mother's don't we.?.. At least we have loving memories to share... Thank You for the sweet visit, My friend...Blessings

The Liberty Belle said...

I like your teacup and saucer. You've inspired me to dust off my Royal Doulton 'painted ladies.'

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Beautiful things and perfect for Easter. The porcelain figurines are lovely, but that little Scottish descent princess is the most gorgeous ! Her grandma would be so proud for sure !
Your character Doultons must be wonderful to see, hope you share soon.
Happy Easter sweet friend.
Fabby

Zaa said...

Welcome, Liberty ... It's so nice to have a new tea time friend visiting... Please come again soon...Happy Easter...Hugs

Zaa said...

Happy Easter Fabby ... I'm so happy to chat with you ...Hopefully, your sweet mother is on the mend. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Eastertide.. xoxoxox

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh what a fabulous post …
That is lovely photograph of your Granddaughter, such a sweet smile.
Enjoy your Easter.

All the best Jan

Zaa said...


Thank You, Jan ...So glad that you had the time to stop over for tea...Happy Easter.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I LOVE that teacup! It’s so different from all of the others that I’ve seen. Wonderful post. Happy Easter.

Zaa said...

Thanks, Pattie...So glad to hear from you...Wishing you a Happy Easter...Hugs

French Ethereal said...

Hello Zaa,
I found you! I left a note on your work studio page (with the cards), but realized you blog here. Glad you found me!!! Please stop by Share Your Style this week (Wednesdays at 6:00p.m. CST) and do link up. It'd be fun to feature your posts. Plus your blog is ethereal!!!

Happy spring hugs to you,
Barb :)

French Ethereal said...

p.s. I have two copies of your front logo The Soul of the Rose, by John William Waterhouse. One is a large framed print (soon to be hung somewhere in our new home) and the other is a small printed card that I taped up in our trailer. Both worked well for large and small situations. :)

Hugs,
Barb :)

Zaa said...

Thanks for your sweet visit and comments Barb ... I enjoyed reading your lovely blog and will visit you soon,...Hugs