Wednesday, April 24, 2019

"MISS ANNABELLE"





                     Since I haven't worn a fancy hat for years, 
  Miss Annabelle(above) thought that I should be reminded 
                        of what a real bonnet looks like. 
         Infact she is quite miffed that this is her first outing
                                    in many many years. 
  I can't say how many years as that would be telling her age 
                                           ... AND ... 
               a Lady never speaks of these things.( wink wink)
   Miss Annabelle mentioned that there may be a few of
             you ladies, who have donned Easter chapeaus
                               for an Easter parade.

                              So I'm asking ladies... 
              Have you every worn a Easter bonnet?
                                                                         
                           How about a nice cup of tea ?


 
I certainly do enjoy the drama of accenting florals against
 black teacups.
 This charming Ansley teaset
 chimes in perfectly for the specialty tea that we are  sharing today.
It's  a  sweet little three quarter sized cup with golden curves  that gracefully ripple around making this cup and the saucer enchanting.


 EXCITING NEWS: 
I found a very  interesting Canadian tea company that 
                      specializes in Maple and Icewine Tea. 
          All you have to do is type in, Maple Icewine Tea or 
             Icewine Tea and a myriad of tea shops will be 
                           displayed for your convenience.


 Icewine tea is a "Canada True" product. 
I don't think that I have ever tasted any tea quite like it.
It's made from grapes, just like these ones( below) that you can grow in your own garden.

 I had a bumper crop last year, but never even thought to let the grapes freeze before picking them. I made grape jam, jelly, syrup and a few bottles of wine, but what a revelation to make  tea with grapes.
Wouldn't that  be a fun challenge!!!


The Icewine recipe is relatively simple if you know what you are doing. ( Ha Ha) The grapes are naturally frozen on the vine, harvested then pressed and made into a Ice Wine. The next process is to make the tea which is a delightful blend of premium black tea mixed with the superb flavour of a pure Canadian Icewine. 


Icewine is "NOT" a taste you will forget.
 If you do enjoy Icewine, then you will love the exotic bouquet of this delectable tea.
It's a no mess, no stress recipe with easy to follow directions written right on the box.
As an additional bonus, you can drink  this beverage
 hot or cold.
Both are delicious !!!

NOTE: The first cup is definately the most delicate and flavourful.
The second cup  has a much heavier bouquet and is more well suited to an iced tea.



I searched a few different online stores where you can buy it.
Amazon.ca is always a good place to start, but if you prefer a packaged deal, try (www.canadathestore.com) or (victoriasteas.com). All the teas, Blueberry, Icewine Tea and Maple Icewine flavours are available in elegantly designed tins or in charming wooden country crates.

 
Let's allow the tea to steep and take a quick journey to the garden, with Annabelle.


It is still pretty mucky and cool outside, but the birds, bugs and  animals are already scurrying around. 
Yes ...   It's Spring, because, there's naughty Mr. Squirrel looking for mischief to get into.


He's a regular acrobatic entertainer.


You just wouldn't believe some of the situations he and friends get into !!!


I do believe, that he is perched  up there trying to dream up some nutty little antics like ...


 chewing a hole in my 'squirrel proof bird feeder'.


Hang onto your bonnets Ladies, there's quite a breeze today.
Careful of your dresses too!!!

Who is wearing a dress today?


I do love Spring, but the remanents of snow and the harsh winter are still lingering  in
 soggy puddles of mud.

Leaves


                                                           Acorns


and 

Oh Happy Day ... 

A few crocus' are blooming


What does Miss Dolly see ?


 Spring shoots


that will grow into glorious daylilies. 


Each season, we are blessed with masses of orange Daylilies
 which Kim and I inherited, when we bought our,
"Grand Old Victorian Lady", who is 
 the namesake of my blog, the"Grand Lady ".


Goodness, we have a lot of gardening and cleaning-up to do. 
When you live in the country, work is never done !!!

YEAH !!!

                               My tulips are  awake.

How well, remember my father's  tulip garden, where I would lie on the grass taking notes in my little journal, trying to quess what color they might be in the Springtime. 
I was always wrong.( Ha Ha)
 Actually, it really didn't matter what color popped up because the Spring Tulips always filled  me with excitement.
I know that this years flowers will be just as beautifiul as last years were.


JOLLY


BRIGHT and GAY


It must be a good luck year.

We don't often see rabbits in our area, due to the large Lynx and cat popultion, but this little cottontail arrived 
on Easter Day.
If you want to feed him, he loves lettuce, carrots and hay.
Maybe that's why he isn't going anywhere !!!

By the way ....
We called him, " Thumper".

                                                                     
                                        Ladies, you must be exhausted !!
     Annabelle and I are so sorry if you have mud on your shoes. 


                                                                 COME ... 
                        Let's go in for a chat and delicious 
                                  cup of that Icewine Tea. 
    Annabelle is eager to tell you how to care for your bonnets.
        After a long walk in the garden, she's sure to advise you 
           on how to how to clean your silk and satin dresses too.

                                           Incidently...
     Miss Annabelle wants to know who you get to assist with 
                 all the gardening chores and Spring clean-up?

                              What shall I tell her ?      
           

    ENJOY !!!
Thanks for the visits.

( visa pinterest)

                           HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY !!!





43 comments:

Thelma said...

I like the tradition of Easter Bonnets. So fancy and Victorian. I used to decorate in a Seniors home and I would decorate all these fancy hats and hang them in the hallway. Also I have never tasted ice wine tea and I am Canadian. I must look for it. I like your cup and saucer with the lily-of-the valley flowers on it. I was born in May and it's May's flower. Have a great Spring. Thelma.

Jeanie said...

I've had icewine, but never icewine tea! I'll have to look for it next time I go to Canadian wine country.

I don't think Ive worn an Easter bonnet since childhood!

And LOVE your blooms!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Happy Spring! Squirrels are a lot of fun to watch. Icewine tea sounds intriguing as someone who loves grape wines and flavorful teas! Your black teacup is a beauty. I love seeing a black background behind flowers.

Chris Lally said...

The bonnets, the tea, that squirrel! Love! And then came those flowers & the sweet bunny! Oh, what a treat! I do the gardening around here, and don't mind getting dirt under my nails. The glorious springtime results are worth it.
Lovely, lovely post :)

Granny Marigold said...

The idea of Ice wine tea intrigues me and I will be looking it up later for sure.
Of course I love the black tea cup with the beautiful floral design. And that bunny doesn't look much like a wild bunny to me. Maybe someone's tame one that they released into the wild? That's how I got my Cinnamon bunny. She was found near the townhouse complex my son manages and was easily caught.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh, really I don't mind the mud on my shoes. The trek in your lovely garden was well worth a little shoe cleaning. I wish I knew more about teas. And tea cups. I just know that I love the black background. I am taking notes on Miss Annabelle's hat, and wondering if I might be able to make one for my new little friend in the sewing room.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely post! They sell ice-wine here, and it tastes great, but I've never tried the tea. Thanks for sharing all of the lovely photos, spring is awakening in your corner of the world. That's a beautiful cup, too. I've never worn an Easter bonnet, but I have one on my wall that I made some years back for a challenge. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Louca por porcelana said...

Walking at the garden with you is a pleasure!Such beauty!!!What an adorable doll and gorgeous black teacup,I just love them!I have never worn an Easter bonnet,I didn't know that tradition...It would be great!Hugs,dear Zaa!

Creations By Cindy said...

I always enjoy all of your delightful pictures. I have never heard of Ice wine tea. WOW. I remember seeing a few pictures of me as a young girl wearing an Easter hat. My grandmother made sure I had one to match my dress. I always loved my three girls (when babies) in bonnets but that seems to be a thing of the past. I love pretty hats though with my short hair I don't think I wear them well. My MIL used to love to wear her fancy hats to church for special occasion. Girl, I had a squirrel proof bird feeder too! Paid a little price for it as well. Well....it wasn't squirrel proof! We have tons of those little critters and though I do love to watch them play it surely make me upset to think I am feeding them all of the bird seed. Now, my husband took some wire and grabbed a ladder and put a bird feeder in a huge tree that is far is enough the squirrels cannot jump to it. LOL! But they do feed upon the seeds that the birds knock out which is fine. Enjoyed your post dear Zaa. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Zaa said...

Happy Pre-Birthday Thel...I'm so glad that you stopped over... Yes making hats for Easter is a happy past-time especially in the seniors home... Heck, I like them too( haha)Please do try the Icewine tea...It's delicious...Hugs

Zaa said...

Hey Jeanie... I haven't worn a bonnet since childhood either...but it's fun at a party... I hope that you enjoy the tea today...Big Hugs

Zaa said...

Thanks for the visit, Val... I'm still thinking about that lemon tree and those fabulous plants in your post...hugs

Zaa said...

Hey Lally ... I enjoyed your art post. I'm so happy that we had a little teatime chat today...hugs

Zaa said...

Hey Marigold... I think you're right about the bunny because he is very tame. Thanks for your teatime visit...It's always such fun...Hugs

Zaa said...

Dear Chip...Thanks for the sweet visit.. You'll have no problem duplicating that little bonnet ..I will look forward to seeing pictures... Big Hugs.

Zaa said...

Ha Ha, Valerie... You should wear your bonnet to tea next time.. or at least take a picture of it ... Have a wonderful week...Hugs

Zaa said...

Dear Maristella... I'm so happy that you came to tea... I miss your blog.. but enjoy our teatime chats, sweet Friend... Hugs

Zaa said...

Hey Cindy ... My mother always bought me Easter Bonnets too... I don't wear hats... but I do like to play at Easter time with them and the children. Those darn little squirrels are a source of entertainment ... but they're naughty little critters... Thanks for stopping over for tea...It's always such a pleasure...Big Hugs

DeniseinVA said...

Such a delightful lady! I have only ever worn an Easter Bonnet once in my life, with a group of friends. Thank you for sharing these delightful photos.

Zaa said...

Thanks for the sweet visit, Denise... It's always great to have a teatime chat ...Hugs

Farm Girl said...

What a lovely blog! Thank you so much for stopping and leaving a comment on my blog so I could find you. I used to wear Easter bonnets when I was a girl. I do love hats!
That tea sounds so good. I have never heard of it so I will track it down.
Thank you so much for visiting today, You made me happy with your comments.

Zaa said...

Thanks for your sweet visit Farm Girl ..I so enjoyed sharing the sunlight with you today... ENJOY your week-end...Hugs

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Zaa, I have no idea how I missed this charming post! Miss Annabelle is a sweetie to inform ua of all the proper way to take care of our dresses and wear our Easter bonnets. I remember wearing an Easter bonnet as a little girl. Since I'm older (yes, I am and proud of it) I prefer not wearing a hat. I feel it is not my best look! I will have to try the icewine tea--sounds lovely. And in your beautiful lily of the valley cup and saucer it would be even more lovely. I laughed out loud at your little squirrel in the squirrel proof feeder! They are really rascals, but so cute. I'm so glad Spring is coming for you. Our's is quite brief here in Virginia, but so lovely. Have a beautiful weekend, my friend.

Zaa said...

Dear Martha Ellen ... I think we are the same vintage (getting younger by the minute) ha Ha...I don't wear hats either...but I do love to have Easter bonnet Tea parties... I'm so glad that you had time for a sweet visit... ENJOY your Springtime...Hugs

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a lovely post! It brought back some great memories! I have so many Easter bonnets in boxes in my closet from years ago. One never went to church without a hat and gloves. My older Grandaughters found them years ago and used to wear them when we had tea parties. Then we started the tradition of having a back to school tea party and they would invite their friends and all had a great time - good memories. I didn't know about the grapes frozen made into tea. I'll have to look into that. I had to show my husband the picture of the squirrel proof bird feeder! He has a running battle with the squirrels here and his bird feeders! Personally, I think the squirrels have won the battle! All our spring flowers are up and the grass is growing!! We have a lot of work this year to get the outside ready. I think it takes a little longer every year! LOL! Have a great week!

Zaa said...

Thanks for the visit, Nancy ... What fun having a back to school tea party... we saw a squirrel proofing idea using old Lp's... where you thread the Lp over top of the seed cage and then when the squirrel jump to get the cage they slide off the LP...It work pretty well until the squirrel cracks the LP .. then you have to put another one on...( ha Ha) ..Isn't it fun trying to outsmart the little varments....Have a lovely Day, my Friend... Hugs

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I DO remember the days of 'Easter Bonnets'. And little white gloves. And my dad always bought a corsage for both me and my mom. I sure looked forward to getting all 'dolled' up on Easter Sunday! We got another snow fall yesterday!!! I fear my lilacs suffered and I won't see or smell them this spring - so sad! Thankfully, the sun is out and it's warm again so it should all be gone by this evening! BTW, I LOVE that cup and saucer . . . I only have one black cup and saucer but it is one of my favorites!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I have photos of me as a child wearing a hat for Easter. Personally I love hats, and look pretty darned good in them, so I wish more women wore than so that I could join the crowd. Fun post!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Well Annabelle was the perfect hostess for my teatime and exploration today! I have never drunk icewine tea, but I'd so enjoy a cup with you and Annabelle.
I do remember the days when I always had a new Easter bonnet to wear to church on Easter Sunday. Wasn't that the best, and new dress, shoes and purse to coordinate with the bonnet. I love your elegant black teacup! Will you be making some icewine tea from your grapes?? Thank you for the fun teatime....xx

Margie said...

Love the black Aynsley teacup! I've never worn an Easter bonnet. But I do have a few fancy hats that I wear at tea parties.

I'm from Ontario, Canada so I've tried the maple and icewine tea. Every January, Niagara-on-the-Lake has an icewine festival. I've never attended, but it sounds interesting.

Thanks for the visit. I'm also looking forward to summer dress season!

Sandy said...

First let me say, I love those orange day lilies. I love orange and those flowers always remind me of my favorite teacher who had a day lily garden. When you drove into town, her house was one of the first houses you saw with beautiful day lilies. I think I am going to have to look for orange ones to add to my yard:) And Thumper is so cute. Enjoy your tea!

Red Rose Alley said...

Miss Annabelle is simply lovely, Zaa. Her BIG blue eyes are sweet. And the black tea cup and saucer is gorgeous. I've never seen anything like it before. The Icewine tea sounds different and would love to try it sometime. Oh, those squirrels are mischievous fellows, aren't they? I saw one Easter and it scurried up the tree so fast. That's a cute picture of him peeking out from the bird feeder haha. How did he manage to get in there? Those Spring Tulips are so pretty gracing your home. What an unusual color they are. And I love that gold tea pot. It goes nicely with the black tea cup.

Wishing you wonderful May days, Zaa.

~Sheri

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you liked my Dandelion card. I fell in love with this stamp set the moment I saw it. Yes, it is a SU set. I called my rep. and she said it is retiring but will be back in the new catalog. If you need a rep. to order it, stop at her SU blog - DeniseMelia.stampin-up.net or email her at dmelia@aol.com. The sun is out here, Joe is mowing and the windows are open!! Have a great week!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Zaa, what a great post. I love hats, am always inspired to wear one, until I put it on and then feel silly so never wear one. Love the tea cup, so pretty with the black background. That certainly is a beautiful little squirrel. I know they are mischevious, but I can't help but love them. His tail is gorgeous, looks like he got preened proper just for the photo..Happy Monday and thanks for your kind visit..Judy

Tanza Erlambang said...

Miss Annabelle must be as beautiful as you are...

drink a cup of tea while watching squirrels jump around is extraordinary enjoy live....

Have a wonderful spring....

# I follow you, I'll greatly appreciate if would like to follow me too

Zaa said...

Thanks for your sweet visit, Pattie... Hugs

Zaa said...

Yes, Kitty ...I'm going to try to make some icewine this year. ... It will be a great experiment... Thanks for your teatime visit, my Friend... Hugs

Zaa said...

He Margie ... I knew that you would be in the know ( HaHa)...Hugs

Zaa said...

Thanks, Sandy ...I'm so glad that you stopped over for tea. ... Good luck on finding the orange daylilies ... They are such a delight... Hugs

Zaa said...

Thanks, Sheri... Yes, those little squirrels are quite a source of entertainment ... He had no problem getting in or out of the bird feeder. They are talented little varments( Ha Ha)...Enjoy your week, my Friend...Hugs

Zaa said...

Thanks, Nancy ... I'm looking for that stamp...Thanks for the info... Hugs

Zaa said...

Hey Judy .. I bet you looked sweet in that hat...Thanks for the teatime chat, pretty Lady ...Hugs

Zaa said...

Thanks, Tanza... I enjoy your informative posting and our teatime visits... ENJOY your week..