Monday, March 11, 2019

" TEATIME"

"HOME SWEET HOME" 

Stormy weather kept me away longer than planned. It is so nice to be home enjoying alittle teatime blogging and reading.  Ladies, please do plan to stay for a chat.

As you can see ....Winter is still knocking itself out here.

It gives me a good reason to breathe in some midday meandering through cupboards looking  for the perfect tea cup.
 YES... this  Royal Albert  " tea set fits into my wishful Spring daydreams.


You know... some china is just plain old pretty... The vibrant 
colors and design on this sweet girl  makes me feel like dancing.


  This hand-painted beauty is appropriately entitled 
" Water Lily" .
                            It reminds me of the famous 
                         Impressionist paintings of Monet.


I have always loved his  ' Waterlilies" paintings. 

(via pinterest)
Although forbidden by local authorities, the artist ordered colored waterlily plants from Egypt and South America... As an avid gardener and landscape designer,  Monet individually planted all the waterlilies in his Giverny gardens in France.

 Had he obeyed the French council, there would have been NO celebrated Waterlily paintings . 
What a sad thought  !!!

(via Pinterest)
A short journey from our home there are three waterlily ponds. The yearly appearance of these gorgeous  flowers  has become one of my most anticipated summer events. 

The name waterlily or 'Nymphaea" is from the Greek word nymph, which means femine spirit that inhabits waterbodies like wells, ponds and springs.
 The nymph like blossoms conjure up all kinds of magical stories for me.

Each summer, my grand-daughter, Auriane and I sojourn to what we call the " fairy ponds"endeavoring to catch a glimpse of the fairies that dress themselves in the flower folds.


IT'S TRUE ... 
The little people hide and camophlage themselves
within the dainty blossoms, 
so we have to look very carefully....
OH... I think I see one !!! 


The local lilies are blessed with the softest hint of pink which represents a true picture of  beauty and purity.

This hand painted teaset (below) overflows with the ' love and passion' that a red lily represents ... Obviously the artist enjoyed creating this set.


My daughter Manda( below) says that waterlily bulbs and roots are  often used to make healing teas and various medicines ... that is of course another subject for some other day. 
Let's leave it to our Chinese Medicine Doctor. 

                                          

Come Ladies ... Let's get on with teatime . 
I'm excited to show you my latest whimsy.



Well,  it's  shaped like a teapot but, really, it is either a flower arranging pot, a floral potpouri or scented candle holder ... 
What do you think? 
Do you have any ideas?


I had arranged some of  the tuberous roses from my mothers, December bouquet in the little pot before I embarked on my journey three weeks ago. 
You can imagine my surprise, to see them still alive when I returned. 
What a delightful sight !!!


The blooms are just starting to languish and discolor .
 Since I haven't had time to buy fresh flowers ... I am going to enjoy their lingering beauty as long as I can.


                            I don't know much about Tuberous roses, 
     but they seem to be very hardy in the sense of  longevity.  
 I do believe it's time for alittle research on this gorgeous flower.



                                                                     Ladies,  
I promise that we are going to have a cup of tea today. 
                        My mind  is still in vacation mode. 
                                            COME ....
                   Let's choose something mild and exotic.
                             DO you have a favorite tea?
                                         As you know... 
                                       Mine is Jasmine.
       

        It typically has green tea as it's base, however white 
          and black tea are also used,which results in a 
                      sweet and highly fragrant  bouquet. 

                 Check out (www.davidstea.com)for a delicious
                                     Jasmine Oolong Tea 
                                                    or an
                           Organic Silk Dragon Jasmine Tea.


                                                                     M-m-m-m ... 
             It looks euphorically mellow and rich doesn't it ? 
                                       Time to pour a cup.


WOW ... It tastes even better than it smells.


How lovely to  be sharing teatime with you Ladies ... 
Alas, there is still  alot of unpacking to do ....
 so
 I will leave you to savour your tea moments while dreaming along with this heart-felt poem.

"The Lily of the Lake"
Written By:
 Juliana Horatia Ewing
(1841-1885)


Over wastes of blasted heather,
Where the pine trees stand together,
Evermore my footsteps wander,
Evermore the shadows yonder
Deepen into gloom.
Where there lies a silent lake,
No song-bird there its thirst may slake,
No sunshine now to whiteness wake
The water-lily's bloom.
Some sweet Spring-time long departed,
I and she, the simple hearted,
Bride and groom, maid and lover,
Did the gloomy lake discover,
Did those lilies see. 


                                            There we wandered side by side,
                             There it was they said she dies,
                             But ah!  in this I know they lied!
                             She will return to me!
                             Never, never since that hour
                             Has the lake brought forth a flower.
                             Ever harshly do the sedges
                             Some sad secret from it's edges
                             Whisper to the shore.
                             Some sad secret I forget.
                             The lily though will blossom yet:
                             And when it blooms I shall have met
                             My love forever more.


ENJOY YOUR WEEK !!!

39 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Zaa, I enjoyed your teatime. What a breath of fresh air for me today. I hope you get some rest now from vacation. LOL! Your granddaughter is beautiful. I keep saying that i am going to do a fairy garden for my youngest granddaughter's and haven't. Maybe this Spring....Your dishes as always are so very pretty. You make tea drinking or sipping....look beyond good! I do love teas and most flavors. I am a coffee drinker for the most part but at least once a week I have myself a cup of hot tea. My granddaughter's surely loves a tea party though. Of course they want anything I serve them. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Louca por porcelana said...

Amazing post!Love your pretty water lilies!The teacup is stunning...Adorable Grand and the figurine is cute too.Hugs!

Zaa said...

Thanks Cindy ... The only time I get coffee is when my son makes it and it's better than Star Bucks (ha Ha)..but my favorite is tea.
Yes, I do enjoy the imagining of little children..I think I'm still one myself ( ha Ha)... So happy that joined me today.. such a lovely visit...Big Hugs

Zaa said...

Thank you Maristella... It always nice to have tea with a good friend... I'll be popping over to see you shortly ...Hugs

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

What a lovely respite this evening, Zaa. Your posts always fill me with joy. The beautiful tea cup would make any tea my favorite. The poem and the information about the water lilies is just beautiful. There is magic in those lovely blossoms and I adore you share that with your granddaughter. Thank you for sharing your loveliness here.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Zaa, that was such a treat! I feel much more serene now! I've been fascinated by waterlilies since childhood. And that is a beautiful pattern. Just a couple of days ago I enjoyed a lovely jasmine tea from Taylors. I usually just drink black tea, but someone had given it to me; and I really enjoyed it.

Zaa said...

So happy to hear from you Martha Ellen.. I enjoyed your latest tour and look forward to the next one . my friend... Enjoy your week...Hugs

Zaa said...

Thank you Jean..yes Jasmine tea isn't quite as flowery as most floral teas so it would be nice with those lovely tarts that your posted this week...Yummy Hugs

mamasmercantile said...

What a joy to spend some time with you and enjoy tea in one of those delightful teacups/saucers. A delight to meet your Grandaughter and imagine you meandering around the lake looking for the fairies, what a joy.

Nancy Chan said...

Water lilies are beautiful. I like the water lily paintings and especially the painted tea set.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I so enjoyed your return home, and our tea time together! Your darling granddaughter I'm sure is such a delight and is a fun partner to search for the fairies among the lily pads. Your teacup is a beauty and what a nice surprise for you to have your tuber roses still looking pretty upon your return. Thank you for the history on Monet, which I will share with my artist son. Happy tea time, my friend! xo

Zaa said...

Thanks Mama...

I have been known to dance with the fairies.. and my grand-daughter loves the stories...( haha)..I'm so so happy that you stopped over ..You must have been tired after that long beautiful walk on the beach ...Big Hugs

Zaa said...

Dear Kitty ..
You are such a welcoming friend...and I so enjoy teatime with you and your friendly little leprechaun...What fun to share that wonderful St. Patricks Day loaf of bread... I'm going to make this recipe for hubby's birthday morning ... He'll love it!!!...xoxox

Zaa said...

Dear Nancy...
Welcome to teatime... I had such a delightful time on your blogs .. reminiscing over the fabulous wedding feast...Please do come again soon...Hugs

Donna Ellis said...

What a delightful blog, Zaa! I enjoyed all your thoughts and activities, and the imaginative way you enjoy life. Wishing you all the best! I am your newest follower.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Zaa said...

WELCOME Donna... Thank you for the sweet visit.. and all the wonderful recipes... Please do come again soon...Hugs

Margie said...

Welcome back, Zaa! Your RA teacup is lovely. I would use your whimsical teapot as a candle holder.

I've never had Davids Tea's Jasmine Oolong. Have you tried the Jasmine Creme Brule? It's probably my all-time favourite DT blend. A co-worker received jasmine tea from China. It was too floral for her taste so guess who she passed it on to? Haven't had a chance to try it yet though!

Thanks for the visit. Hope you

A Joyful Chaos said...

Your teatime was lovely! I really like Royal Albert designs!

Blessings~

Red Rose Alley said...

Zaa, your bronze lady is such a beauty. I love the way she is dancing. Winter looks lovely around your neck of the woods. The water lilies painting is so pretty. How wonderful that you have water lily ponds near your home, and that you visit there with your granddaughter. What a unique tea pot this is. I didn't know your favorite tea was Jasmine. Mine is English Breakfast, but I have Chamomile often. I also love green tea and orange spice. So glad you returned safely home, Zaa, and your posts are such a delight to read.

~Sheri

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Welcome home! I hope you had a wonderful trip. I so enjoyed reading your blog. I'm going to have to find a lily pond for my Granddaughter to visit. She is definitelyy into fairies. We have some cute fairy houses set up in her yard among the plants. It is such a delightful age. When the weather is warm we enjoy our tea parties outside as well. I look forward to seeing what tea cup you will be using. So pretty. I also enjoy Jasine tea. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Have a great week.

Catsngrams said...

I am a first time visitor and I love your blog. I love tea any kind and all kinds have you tried The republic of Tea.com? They have some very special teas and they are not too pricie.
I am looking forward to visiting again. thanks for the lovely lillies I wish we have those here.

Carla

Zaa said...

Hey Margie...So nice to hear from you...I can't wait to try Jasmine CremeBrule... It's sure to be one of my favorites too... in the meantime...I'm working my way through the old teas9 ha Ha)...Thanks for the visit...Hugs

Zaa said...

Thanks for the visit Joyful .... I must admit that I'm still smiling after reading your post... I guess...You were ready for a cup of tea... So glad you stopped over...Please do come again...Hugs

Zaa said...

SO glad you stopped over for tea RED ROSE... I love chamomile tea too...maybe next time that's what we shall share...ENJOY your week...Hugs

Zaa said...

Greetings Nancy ... I'd love to see your fairy houses...I like indulging the grandchildren in imaginings ...Heaven knows they have enough reality to worry about... so I like them to play when they are with grandma...Ha ha.. and of course, fairies always have a teatime...Hugs

Zaa said...

Welcome, Carla... It's so nice to have you for tea... now that you're retired, we can share lots of chats... Enjoy your week...Hugs

Conniecrafter said...

I am not sure why but I couldn't see all your pictures but I did enjoy the waterlilies you shared and that pot with the holes makes for a lovely way to showcase your beautiful flowers!

Zaa said...

Hey Connie.... I'm happy for the kind visit... Sorry that there was a cyberspace blip...I will check into it...Thank You .

Stephanie said...

My sweet friend, this was truly a lovely and remarkable post. I always enjoy seeing your beautiful pictures and your words are always a blessing to read. Thank you for being a ray of sunshine :)

Sending love and hugs your way!

Zaa said...

Sweet Stephanie... I'm so happy to see you here for tea... It's been too long...Thank You for the kind comments....Big Hugs

Debbie Harris said...

As always, lovely!
Your words are so beautiful and gracious along with the beauty of your tea cups.
This tea cup is exceptional!
You always have something for us to learn from, thank you for sharing your wisdom.
I enjoy a white tea, but rooibos is certainly my latest favorite.
I have to be careful or I will drink way too much. :-)

Thank you for sharing your beauty with us~

Zaa said...

Thank you for your lovely visit... I always enjoy our teatime togetheer....Have a beautiful week-end...hugs

Tanza Erlambang said...

enjoy your tea time...
have a great day

Zaa said...

Thanks for your kind visit Tanza.. I enjoyed your tree trimming post... Hugs

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a delightful tea-time with you today! I enjoyed your thoughts about springtime, lilies, teapots, Monet, and the jasmine tea sounds perfectly delightful! What a beautiful poem you shared as well. Such a joy to enjoy tea with you today :)

blooming home and garden said...

What a lovely post, love your little statue and tea cup!
So sweet your granddaughter is,
Have a lovely day,

Hugs, Ida

Zaa said...

HI Marilyn...Thanks for the kinds visit and sharing your majestic snow pictures...I enjoyed your post...Hugs

Zaa said...

Thanks for the sweet visit Ida... Teatime is always a happy time with friends... I, so enjoyed your lovely floral pictures...Please do come again soon...Hugs

Jeanie said...

You did get a lot of snow. That would take me out of the picture! But somehow you have found beautiful spring with the calla lilies, Monet and that gorgeous china. A sweet haven to enter here today!