Tuesday, January 20, 2015

TEA AND POETRY




              Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

                                                 By Robert Frost
                                    Whose woods these are I think I know.   
                                    His house is in the village though;   
                                    He will not see me stopping here   
                                    To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

                                   My little horse must think it queer   
                                   To stop without a farmhouse near     
                                   Between the woods and frozen lake   
                                   The darkest evening of the year.   

                                   He gives his harness bells a shake   
                                   To ask if there is some mistake.   
                                   The only other sound’s the sweep   
                                   Of easy wind and downy flake.   

                                  The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
                                  But I have promises to keep,   
                                  And miles to go before I sleep,   
                                  And miles to go before I sleep



What could be better than enjoying a cup of tea at a friends house and enjoying the  last of the Christmas baking .




shortbread  and fruitcake. 



It's such  a naughty thing to do but alas somebody has to do it( Yum Yum ) The most difficult
activity of the year for me is taking down the decorations... and turning off the twinkling lights.
It seems in the New year you sometimes have to create your own sunshine.( bling bling)

So I'm putting the lid on the  cough syrup and  Vicks and heralding in some new resolutions, which I hope I can keep throughout the year... Number one is no more sweets, um-m-m-m, that's a hard one. So let's  think about it over tea ... Let me pour you a cup of tea too...We can ponder this one together....  " No more Sweets ".



This is you cup today.. a lovely Coalport  teaset that reminded me of the vast colours of the  sunset.


It's a mottled beauty with  lovely gold fluted edges and a floral motif inside. I hope you enjoy it.



My Japanese Friend, Chie sent me this ' Paradise " Tea for Christmas ...  She knows how very much I love it, so I am pleased to share this floral oolong tea with you. It whispers with just a hint of Jasmine  
                                                    and pineapple ... m-m-m-m-good.


I often think that Paradise is simply a euphoric state of being . Perhaps, that is where the New Year       has brought us all ... Into a paradise of beauty, where we can share, create and be Thankful, for yet            
                                             another glimpse of God's  poetic gifts.



                                                        Have a glorious day Ladies.
                                                       Thanks  for the teatime visits.

                            I'm sharing with Sandi and friends at ' Rose Chintz Cottage"

23 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello my friend. It's nice to have you join me for tea today. Ah yes, those Christmas sweets! Shortbread, fruit cake, sugar plums; they're all so good. And TEMPTING! Our doughnuts are gone but there are still the fruit cakes. Thank goodness my son in Illinois wants me to send him some so I will happily oblige him.

Love your mottled coloured teacup! It's lovely and does remind me of a beautiful sunset.

Your photos are fabulous. We don't have deer here and I very much wish we did as they are such gentle creatures.

Blessings,
Sandi

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I enjoyed reading Robert Frost's poem once again, Zaa, as it's been awhile. Your teacup is a lovely one and I loved seeing the peek of flowers inside the cup. No more sweets? That's something I just can't do! We'll have to ponder over something else while we drink our Paradise tea together. LOL!!

Margie said...

What a pretty teacup! I'm also still enjoying the leftover Christmas baking.

Zaa said...

Thanks Sandi ..It's so very nice to hear that you too are enjoying some tasty treats...hugs

Zaa said...

Ha ha Kitty .. Yes , I'm beginning to think the same ..your recipes are too delicious !!!..Hugs

Zaa said...

Thank you Marge ... Please do come over for another teatime soon...Hugs

Karen said...

No more sweets?! Oh, I don't think I can join you in that resolution. (Although, truth be told, I should! I 'grew' a little over the past holidays. I also hate to take down the tree and put away the Christmas decorations and lights. I am always the last among my friends and relatives. Your pictures are beautiful! Blessings, Karen

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Oh my, those sweet treats look pretty delightful. I also love that gorgeous tea cup.

Thank you for the lovely poem.

Janet

Zaa said...

Thanks for the nice visit, Karen.

Zaa said...

Thanks Janet... It's hard not to eat them all ( Ha ha)..Glad that you were here to share some with me ...Hugs

Beth in NEPA said...

I love that Robert Frost poem. I learned it back in school and still know it all to this day. When I lived in Maine, in the country with lots of woods I understood it well.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Beautiful teacup, forest scene and poem! How enjoyable!
Blessings,
Nancy

Zaa said...

Thanks for the visit Beth..Yes Some poems just stay with you don't they... White fluffy snow always reminds me of his poem...So glad that you could visit...Hugs

Zaa said...

Thanks Namcy ..Hope you enjoyed your teatime visit as much as I did...Hugs

Deborah Montgomery said...

Wow, that last picture is gorgeous! So is the first one. Love your pretty teacup, too. Some people don't like fruitcake, but I'm a fan. Yours looks delicious. I'm trying to stay off sugar, too, but I am going to allow myself a little dark chocolate now and then!

Zaa said...

Ha ha Deborah ... Dark chocolate sound good to me ... Thanks for your sweet visit...Hugs

Debbie Harris said...

What a sweet visit today, Zaa.
I have enjoyed my pretty teacup while having tea with you and pondering over sweets...
Sets and I do not get along very well, so, they are not going to be much of a part of my life. Too many issues that it's not worth it.
Your first and last photos were stunning!

Have a beautiful blessed week end.

Joy!
Debbie

Debbie Harris said...

Oops, not set, sweets. Spell check, sometimes good and sometimes not. :-)

Poppy said...

Hello sweet Zaa, it's so wonderful to meet you!

What a lovely first visit to your beautiful blog, being greeted with that snowy, serene scene, feeling cozy and warm, soothed by the hypnotic phrasing of Robert Frost's dreamy eloquence. And then, tea! And cookies, too! I have been trying to be good, but wouldn't want to upset my hostess (;), so I will take one tiny treat, thank you! I will compensate by feasting my eyes on those breathtaking images that are surely pure eye candy for the heart and soul.

Thanks so much for visiting Poppy View and hope to see you again, soon.

Happy weekend!

Hugs,
Poppy

Poppy said...

Oh, forgot to ask you for your email, Zaa, since I wanted to let you know that the recipe for my Strawberry Snow Cake actually appears in the last few lines of the post in a link, but here it is, anyway. Enjoy!

xx
Poppy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/victoriaspongewithfr_89029

Zaa said...

Well Debbie..I'm sure we could make some non sweet treats for you at teatime... Thanks for the sweet visit..Hugs

Zaa said...

Dearest Poppy ..Than You for your lovely visit and the recipe ...Your blog looked absolutely delicious...Please do visit for tea again soon..Hugs

Jutta said...

It's been a while since I stopped by, your photo's are very beautiful as is the tea cup. Enjoy your day!